Modern day Greece is a state with a rich history of culture and important world events. Greece is a popular country and one of the states with the highest number of heritage sites globally. Greece is a developing country located at the southern region of Europe, specifically at the south area of the Balkan Peninsula. Greece is a land of art and globally renowned Olympic Games.
Greece has a large number of beaches to enjoy the sweet summer sun beside the cool Mediterranean Sea and also wedding sites to have a memorable wedding ceremony and honeymoon. Greece’s capital city is Athens. Athens has been the major gateway into Greece by serving as the airplane destination for visitors traveling into Greece from many major cities across the world.
The Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport is in Athens serves the most number of international flights. Foreigners can also enter Greece by international trains that operate between Thessaloniki in Greece and other train stations in Sofia, Bucharest, Istanbul and Belgrade using Greece’s own trains of the Trainose Company.
People from neighboring states like Albania, Macedonia, Turkey and Bulgaria can use the Albeit International Buses to travel to near cities in Greece. Greece has many ports and ferries hence visitors from Venice, Ancona, Bari, Trieste and Brindisi in Italy; Marmaris, Cesme, Kusadasi and Bodrum in Turkey; Limassol and Larnca in Cyprus and Alexandria in Egypt, can use ferry service to arrive at different, respective ports in Greece.
Accommodation facilities for tourists can be found mostly near the tourist sites, in the major cities and some secluded fine suburbs. There are high quality hotels, homey pensions, villas, nice apartments and gorgeous beach resorts to spend nights while touring Greece. The villas at the beach have a splendid view of the Mediterranean Sea. The hospitality services are delightful and the Greek cuisines are fully and satisfactorily served to the top notch delicacies of all Greek flavors. Many hotels in Greece have their websites where tourists can book a room at favorable rates to ensure that are secure with a cozy, comfortable place of sleep.
There are special tourist guide companies in Greece. They are fully specialized to guide and take tourists around the tourist sites in Greece. Sights to grab are:
- The high Athos Mountain that has been a significant landscape.
- The Khalkidhiki Peninsula at the northern part of Greece has lots to be adventured. Check out the historic sites of thousands of monks and monasteries.
- The ancient settlement of Mystas bears a long history of the culture and society of the Greek people. Any ruins of initial buildings and structures that were set up from the fourteenth century AD and onwards can e found at this site.
- Saint Paula Beach is one of the best beach sites to set out for beach swimming, sailing and kite surfing among other water activities taking place during the sunny seasons.
- The Samaria Gorge takes tourists to a nature adventure into the finest untouched geographical surroundings of cypress and pine forests, tremendous cliffs and mountains that the gorge penetrates.